- Sex: Female
- Date of birth: 9 November 1988
- Profession: Human rights activist , Medical professional , Student , Women’s rights activist
A PhD student at Leeds University in the UK.
Arrest and jail information
- Date of arrest: 15 January 2021
- Charges: The charges filed against her by the Public Prosecution included providing succour to those seeking to disrupt public order and undermine the safety of the general public and stability of the state, and publishing false and tendentious rumours on Twitter.
- Court: Specialised Criminal Court (SCC)
- Verdict: 34 years in prison without suspension, to be followed by a travel ban of the same length.
- Date of verdict: 9 August 2022
- Arbitrary arrest/ detention ,
- Torture and ill-treatment
9 August 2022 - The Specialised Criminal Court of Appeal sentenced her to 34 years in prison without suspension, to be followed by a travel ban of the same length.
March 2022 - The Specialised Criminal Court (SCC) sentenced her to six years in prison.
27 October 2021 - She was brought before the Specialised Criminal Court (SCC).
15 January - 27 October 2021 - She was subjected to lengthy sessions of questioning over a period of 285 days.
15 January 2021 - She was arrested