- Sex: Male
- Date of birth: 06 Nov 1964
- Area of activity: Cleric
- Place of residence: Safwa - Al Qatif
Arrest and jail information
- Prison: Al-Mabaheth (General Investigations Directorate), Dammam
- Date of arrest: 8 July 2016
- Manner of arrest: He was arrested while he was attempting to cross the boarders from Saudi Arabia to Kuwait
- Charges: Advocacy in defence of the rights of the Shi’a minority, inciting sectarianism and sedition, and alleged support of protests in the Eastern Province.
- Court: Specialised Criminal Court (SCC)
- Verdict: Sentenced to seven years imprisonment in 2018 and sentenced to five years imprisonment and a five-year travel ban in 2019
- Date of verdict: 25 August 2019
- Arbitrary arrest/ detention ,
- Enforced disappearance ,
- Torture and ill-treatment ,
- Denied access to healthcare
Violation detailsAllegedly held incommunicado and in solitary confinement
25 August 2019 - He was sentenced to further five years imprisonment and a five-year travel ban to follow his release.
30 April 2018 - A second case was brought against him on charges linked to his alleged support of protests in the Eastern Province.
04 January 2018 - He was sentenced to seven years in prison for “inciting sectarianism and sedition,” which was upheld by the Supreme Court in March 2020.
2017 - He was initially acquitted.
27 October 2016 - He was brought to trial before the Specialised Criminal Court and accused of breaking the terms of a 2012 pledge he had signed with regard to the content of his sermons, in which he criticised discrimination against the Shi’a.
08 July 2016 - He was arrested while he was attempting to cross the boarders from Saudi Arabia to Kuwait and forcibly disappeared for four months.