- Sex: Male
- Area of activity: Cleric
- Place of residence: Addayer Bani Malik
Arrest and jail information
- Prison: Al-Ha’ir Prison, Riyadh
- Date of arrest: 11 September 2017
- Charges: Two charges relate to his peaceful expression of his religious opinions about certain sayings of the prophet and his criticism of several seventh century Islamic figures. Other charges include insulting the country’s rulers and the Supreme Council of Religious Scholars, describing them as extremist, accusing Gulf countries of supporting ISIS, praising Hezbollah’s leader Hassan Nasrallah, having sympathy for the Houthi group in Yemen, expressing his religious views in television interviews, attending discussion groups in Saudi Arabia, writing books and studies and publishing them outside of Saudi Arabia, possession of banned books, defaming a Kuwaiti man by accusing him on Twitter of supporting ISIS, violating the country’s cybercrime law, and lack of commitment to good citizenship.
- Court: Specialised Criminal Court (SCC)
- Arbitrary arrest/ detention ,
- Denied access to a lawyer ,
- Observers denied access to court hearings
08 March 2020 - In his first time to attend a court trial since recieving his charges in September 2018, he made his first response to these charges. His next trial was scheduled to take place on 05 April 2020.
02 February 2020 - His trial was scheduled to take place, but was postponed to 08 March 2020.
16 December 2019 - His trial was scheduled to take place, but was postponed to 02 February 2019. Thus, he was deprived of the right to attend court trial and respond to the charges for a year and a half.
16 October 2019 - His trial, which was thought to be the sentencing hearing as the Public Prosecutor kept calling for death sentences to be passed against him, was scheduled to take place, but was postponed to 16 December 2019, although he did not attend any court trial since recieving his charges.
September 2018 - He attended a trial session, only his third court appearance since he received the charges against him.
11 September 2017 - He was arrested