- Sex: Male
- Marital status: Single
- Date of birth: 2000
- Place of residence: Al-Awamiyah
He was arrested when he was 13/14 years old and is known as the youngest political prisoner in Saudi Arabia. He was arrested for participating in al-Qatif protest in 2011 in which one of his sibling Redha Qureiris was detained as well, while his other brother Ali Qureiris was killed by security police.
Arrest and jail information
- Prison: Al-Mabaheth (General Investigations Directorate), Dammam
- Date of arrest: 20 September 2014
- Manner of arrest: Without any warrant, the Saudi authorities arrested him on the King Fahd causeway while travelling with his family to Bahrain.
- Charges: Throwing Molotov cocktails; conspiring to injure soldiers; participating in a terrorist organisation; and taking part in demonstrations and the funeral procession of his brother Ali Qureiris, who was killed during the 2011 demonstrations.
- Court: Specialised Criminal Court (SCC)
- Verdict: He was finally sentenced to 12 years in prison, suspended for four years.
- Date of verdict: 16 July 2019
- Arbitrary arrest/ detention ,
- Enforced disappearance
Violation detailsHe was arrested when he was still a minor at the age of 13-14 years old.
24 June 2022 - He has been released following the expiry of his sentence.
12 February 2020 - He had the 12-year sentence passed on him in June 2019 reduced to 8 years.
16 June 2019 - He was finally sentenced to 12 years in prison, suspended for four years.
20 September 2014 - Without any warrant, he was arrested on the King Fahd causeway while travelling with his family to Bahrain.